photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Saturday 27 October 2012

Maybelline Baby Lips: Lip Balm Material?

It's been such a stressful week, so I decided to treat myself and purchased a small beauty product. I ended up going with the new Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm. The original price was $4.99, but I managed to buy it while it was on sale for $3.99. I got mine in the shade Peach Kiss.


I was very excited for this lip balm because I always wanted a product that could moisturize my lips and give them a bit of colour like a lipstick. It claims to be a lip balm, but it did not moisturize my lips at all. My lips are naturally very dry and I've been faithful to my Lip Smackers for keeping them soft.
The only thing the Baby Lips did for me was give my lips some colour. Though the product feels smooth, I realized that all it did was coat my lips; they didn't absorb any moisture. Basically, my lips felt dry under the lip balm.


A big disappointment. Though it is still ok to use for a light lipstick. So if you're looking for a new lip balm (something to really moisturize your chapped lips) I wouldn't suggest this.


I'll definitely stock up on some Lip Smackers instead :). 

6 comments:

  1. TRUE! I havent felt moisturized with these lip balms at all either!

    New follower here!

    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. the color looks great! you can wear it with anything :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a shame but the colour looks lovely like you said im sure it'll look great as a light lipstick
    x Love M

    WWW.FIREWORKSANDFASHION.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated you for a Liebster award!
    Check out my blog for details

    loa20s.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really really wanna try baby lips!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this is a super old post. But I feel the same way! Everyone loves the baby lips but I don't really like it.

    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete