photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Thursday 17 January 2013

2012 Favorites!

I know I'm really really late to post this, but I still felt the need to do so :).

There are loads of products I have been loving during the past couple months, but I decided to only include the things I consistently used all year round.


1. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette: I saw this amongst many 2012 favorites and had to include it in my own. It's my go-to palette and is perfect in creating every day looks and even some evening looks. The quality and pigmentation is amazing and definitely one of the best releases this year. It's also really compact, I always had it in my luggage while I was travelling during the summer.

2. Revlon Lip Butters: I couldn't choose a particular shade since I have so many, but these were definitely a highlight of 2012. They come in several beautiful shades and are super moisturizing to the lips. I always carry at least two of them in my purse and tend to receive compliments when wearing one of the shades.

3. Sally Hershberger Supreme Lift: I already have a detailed review on this product. I officially can't live without it. I use it after every shower to give my hair a big boost of life and volume. It also prevents my hair from getting oily quickly and works as a heat protectant. A true miracle product.

4. Revlon ColorStay Foundation: I have officially used this foundation for over a year and can say that it is one of the best foundations I have ever owned. Medium coverage, doesn't look cakey, and actually stays put all day (without a primer). I highly recommend this foundation to anyone who wants a natural, slightly matte finish.  

5. Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner: A brilliant gel liner. Goes on very smoothly, good pigmentation, and doesn't crease. Also, no need for a primer. It won't budge until you finally remove it with make-up remover. The quality of a high-end gel liner for a drugstore price! :)

6. Revlon ColorStay Mineral Blush: You can tell I was quite the Revlon lover in 2012. I was just amazed that all their ColorStay products were true to their name. This is my go-to blush (shade is Honey Miel) and I trust it to do the job because it will literally stay on my cheeks the whole day. This particular shade is very flattering and natural :).


7. Clarins Joli Rouge Long-Wearing Moisturizing Lipstick: And last but not least, my ultimate favorite lipstick of 2012. I have the shade 724 - Simply Nude. It is the best nude lipstick I have ever come across. It's also the most expensive lipstick I ever bought ($32). However, it is worth the price. It is the most moisturizing lipstick I have ever tried. I would even say it's as moisturizing as an actual lip balm (and that says a lot coming from someone who always has dry lips!). Which in turn makes it so surprising that the pigmentation is so high!


The downer with the Revlon lip butters is that because they are so butter-y, the pigmentation isn't always great. However, that is not the case with Clarins Joli Rouge. It doesn't dull out your lips at all like some nudes do since it has a sheen finish and the lipstick itself has a slight gold shimmer to it.

So those are my 2012 favorites! Let me know what your favorites were this past year :). 

1 comments: