photo aztec-mess_zps0a762b67.png

Friday 7 June 2013

Review: Michael Todd's Sensitive Skin Discovery Set + Eye Cream

I'm sure by now we have all heard about Michael Todd True Organic's... Youtubers and Bloggers have been raving about the skin care line for months now and I have to admit, I was swept away as well by this trend. Since everyone only had great things to say about Michael Todd, I have to admit, I had high expectations. The fact that Michael Todd's products are made up of mostly natural ingredients really impressed me as there aren't too many brands like that on the market.

However, I was worried that I wouldn't get on with some products so I decided to go with a "Discovery Set", which pretty much included travel-size versions of some of their items. Not all of their items are exactly cheap so I didn't want to splurge on full-sized products without knowing if I liked them or not. I decided to go with the Sensitive Skin set to be on the safe side, which happened to be on sale and even included the eye cream as a free bonus. The set also included a nice clear makeup bag :).


I've been trying all of them out for a few months now, so I can finally write a conclusive review on the package :).


1) Honey and Oat Gentle Deep Pore Cleanser: At first I did like this cleanser, though it was very sticky to use (no doubt, due to the honey). However, the more I used it, the more I began to dislike it. It was very very drying, and I have oily skin so that's saying something! I should've realized this when I saw how much this cleanser foams (any cleanser that foams is generally quite drying). Needless to say, I have stopped using this cleanser all together. Very disappointing.

2) Blue Green Algae AntiBacterial Toner: This toner proved to be worth all the hype it received! I can hands down say that this toner has helped clear my skin up and kept it clear. I love that it's antibacterial and isn't too drying for my skin. I especially love using this in the mornings when I wake up, it feels very refreshing! Will definitely repurchase this :). Though I warn you now, the smell isn't the most pleasant...


3) Charcoal Detoxifying Facial Mask: I was probably most excited to try this one out. Sadly, I was very disappointed. My face didn't look or feel any different from using this mask. It's not moisturizing, didn't prevent or help heal spots, nothing. My face didn't feel any cleaner after using it. However, I have heard it work for other people so it might just be down to skin type.

4) Citrus Cream Moisturizer with DMAE and Hyaluronic Acid: I have mixed feelings about this moisturizer. The first few times I used it, my skin felt dry and tight. However, I learned later that you need to use quite a bit of it to get the wanted effect of moisture. I don't like that it feels oily on the skin after application, but it does really help my slightly dry cheeks. It also magically clears up my keratosis pilaris bumps on my cheeks, which really impressed me! Though it's not the best thing to use on your t-zone if you're oily there. Good for dehydrated skin, but not oily.

5) Tropical Fruit Enzyme Exfoliant Scrub: This facial scrub is fabulous! I even featured it in my monthly favorites. It's rough enough to properly exfoliate the skin, but not too rough. It also leaves my skin feeling quite smooth and clean. Would definitely repurchase.


6) Intensive Organic Cream Eye Treatment: And last but not least, the eye cream. I must say, I do genuinely like this cream. It does an excellent job on moisturizing. Although it does not live up to a lot of promises, of which include: treating fine lines and wrinkles, puffiness and bags, and dark circles. I saw no reduction in any of these whatsoever, the only thing it did for me was hydrate.Therefore, I wouldn't say it's worth the money if it promises all these miracles.

Also, I'm not sure if it's suitable for all skin types. Normally my eyes are quite sensitive and react to all creams, whereas I was fine with this one. However, I gave some to my mom to try out and she reacted quite badly to it. Also, the packaging is horrible! The top always falls off and the pump is awkward to use.

Overall, I got along with half of these products and not so much with the rest. I definitely recommend anyone who is considering purchasing Michael Todd's products to buy a starter kit to try out before committing to full-size. Skin care is a tricky business because everyone is different. What might work for me, might not work for you and vice-versa. It's all about trial and error :). I do applaud Michael Todd for being innovative in the use of all natural ingredients for skincare, hopefully some other products might suit me more :).

3 comments:

  1. love Michael Todd as well :)

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard so much about Michael Todd's products and overwhelmed. The starter kit seems like an awesome idea to test different products out.

    New follower :)

    http://shoppingobsessionblog.blogspot.com
    Check out my international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the tropical scrub in one of my topboxs, I need to try it out. Their other stuff looks pretty interesting :)

    ReplyDelete